False positives can be an annoying problem and unfortunately false positives in antivirus scanners are being increasingly more common. Here's how to exclude a file or folder from scanning by Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security.
Time Required: Less than 15 minutes
- Open Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus.
- Select Options
- Select either Norton Internet Security or Norton Antivirus
- From the left pane, select Exclusions.
- Locate "Which disks, folders or files to exclude from risk scanning", select New.
- Browse to select the drive, folder, or file to exclude and click OK. Be sure to select "Include subfolders" if selecting an entire folder.
- Click OK and exit the program.