Unless you plan on sharing your MacBook or iMac with random people, there's really no good reason to have an active guest account. Follow the steps below to disable the guest login account on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left portion of the screen and choose System Preferences.
- Under the System section, choose Accounts.
- Click the Guest Account and uncheck the boxes that read Allow guests to login to this computer and Allow guests to connect to shared folders.
- To save these changes, just close the Accounts window.
- New to Macs or looking for general Mac info? Be sure to check out Tom Nelson's macs.about.com.