Let’s face it, you really can’t do much on your PC without being connected online. Yes, you can use applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access while being offline. However, you usually will have transfer your files from one PC to another. You can use detachable hardware to transfer files, but this approach is not practical when you need to send your files to someone who is not within your geographical area. The most practical solution is to perhaps send your files via email, which requires you to be online.
The problem with connecting your PC to the Internet is that you immediately open yourself to vulnerabilities. You can infect your PC and exploit your personal information with viruses, Trojan horses, ransomware, and phishing schemes by simply landing on a malicious website, clicking on a link, and/or opening an infected email attachment. Without a solid Internet security solution, you’re almost certain that your PC will become infected. This is why I recommend a solution such as F-Secure Internet Security 2014. F-Secure Internet Security 2014 provides complete protection for surfing, shopping, banking, and social media.
F-Secure Internet Security is not just any antivirus solution. F-Secure provides online safety that protects you against malicious websites and inappropriate web content. You can restrict each Windows user account as you deem appropriate. Only users with administrator privileges can bypass the restriction. You can configure the following online safety features:
- Browsing Protection -- Browsing protection blocks harmful websites that could potentially compromise your computer and personal data. This feature also provides a reputation rating icon before each link on a search result page. So, if you’re thinking about clicking on a link from a search results page from Google, Yahoo, or Bing, you can make sure the website is safe by inspecting the reputation icon.
- Banking Protection -- Banking protection provides an extra layer of security when you’re doing online banking by allowing access only to websites that are used for banking and purchases.
- Content Blocker -- This great feature allows you to block certain websites based on categories. The categories that you can block include, but are not limited to: Adult content, drugs, gambling, dating, violence, and illegal downloads.
- Browsing Time Limits -- This feature enables you to restrict a user from browsing the Internet on specific times. Let’s say you want to allow your child to browse the Internet from 2:00pm – 5:00pm. You can set a rule that will restrict your child from accessing the Internet outside this time frame.
- SafeSearch -- The SafeSearch features configures your search engine (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) to remove adult content from search results.
- Browser Extensions -- The browser extension feature ensures that your browser is fully protected.
- Statistics – The statistics feature summarizes the number of websites visited on a given time, followed by harmful websites blocked.
F-Secure offers the Safe Profile feature with its Internet Security suite that provides full protection for Facebook users. F-Secure Safe Profile helps you identify just how much of your profile information is visible to the public. Furthermore, F-Secure Safe Profile provides you with recommendations on how to better protect your personal information.
F-Secure Internet Security provides everything that is included with the F-Secure ANTI-VIRUS. In addition, you can now play games without your antivirus software slowing down your process my enabling Game Mode. Your antivirus will still be turned on, but won’t utilize as much computer resources while playing your favorite games. To read more about F-Secure ANTI-VIRUS, click here.
You have two options when purchasing F-Secure Internet Security 2014:
- 1 Year up to 3 PC’s -- $59.99
- 2 Years up to 3 PC’s -- $99.99
Being connected to the Internet can expose your PC and personal data from malicious attacks. F-Secure Internet Security will keep you protected from the latest malware threats.