Combating malware is a never ending process. Cybercriminals continuously deploy new threats with intention of infecting your computer and gaining access to your system. One of the most effective methods of malware prevention is to have an antivirus software installed on your computer. ESET’s all-in-one Internet Security with Anti-Theft lets you enjoy safer online browsing and eliminates malware threats such as viruses, rootkits, worms, spyware, and phishing attacks.
ESET Smart Security 2014 Edition Features:
ESET Smart Security 2014 is equipped with the following features:
- Personal Firewall
- Parental Control
- Social Media Scanner
- Exploit Blocker -- Exploit Blocker specializes on preventing targeted malware that may infect your system. Targeted malware is specifically designed to exploit vulnerabilities found in web browsers, PDF readers, and other applications with known susceptibilities. Furthermore, Exploit Blocker eliminates dangerous malware such as lockscreens and ransomware.
- Advanced Memory Scanner -- Persistent malware will execute every time you boot your machine and may run even when you attempt to end its process through Task Manager. Advanced Memory Scanner enables improved detection of persistent malware that employs layers of encryption to conceal its identity.
- Vulnerability Shield -- ESET’s Vulnerability Shield blocks network attacks that attempt to exploit network vulnerabilities.
Major Web Enhancements:
- More Social Media Protection -- ESET Smart Security has added Twitter protection, alongside existing Facebook improvements. On Facebook, ESET Social Media Scanner with Security Center protects your timeline, messages and newsfeed, and your friends’ timelines. On Twitter, the tool protects your profile and posts from people you’re following. Security Center informs you which of your private information is visible to the public and provides you with direct links to modify your privacy settings.
- Improved Anti-Theft Tools -- The Anti-Theft tools have improved for easier enabling and protection optimization.
- Training and Education -- Need cybersecurity training? ESET’s amazing education and training module will educate you on techniques that will keep you safe while web surfing. The modules are complimentary to ESET customers.
- Antivirus and Antispyware -- ESET provides proactive protection against all types of malware threats with its Antivirus and Antispyware tools.
- Anti-Theft -- If your laptop is stolen or you simply misplace it, ESET’s Anti-Theft feature will assist you in locating it on a map based on the Wi-Fi networks in range. The One-Way Messaging feature allows you to send a one-way message to your missing laptop to increase the chances of retrieval. The Anti-Theft feature also allows you to watch anyone who logs on your laptop through your device’s built-in camera. You can snapshot your missing device’s screen and save recent photos and snapshots, as well as track your missing device, via ESET Anti-Theft at my.eset.com.
- Personal Firewall -- The personal firewall helps block unsolicited communications between your computer and other computers while you’re on the Internet. ESET’s Personal Firewall feature helps prevent unauthorized access to your computer.
- Parental Control -- The Parental Control feature allows you to protect your children from inappropriate content by choosing from predefined categories according to age. It allows you to set a password to secure your Parental Control settings as well as prevents unauthorized product uninstallation.
- Antispam – The Antispam feature combats the proliferation of spam and keeps it from entering your system. It provides proactive protection against online/offline threats, including targeted attacks.
- Anti-Phishing -- ESET stops cybercriminals from stealing your personal identifiable information, such as usernames, passwords, and banking information. The Anti-Phishing feature identifies risky websites that may be fake and may pose as legitimate sites.
- Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) – You have the power to customize your system’s behavior by specifying rules for system registry, active processes, and programs to fine-tune your security posture.
- Idle-state Scanning -- In-depth scans can take place when your computer is not in use, aiding in your system’s performance. Furthermore, this feature helps detect potential inactive threats before they can cause damage to your system.
- Scan While Downloading Files -- Decrease your scanning time by allowing enabling ESET to scan specific file types as they download to your computer.
- Small System Footprint -- ESET assists in maintaining high performance and extending the lifetime of your hardware. It saves Internet bandwidth with extremely small update packages.
- Gamer Mode -- ESET automatically switches to silent mode when it detects any program running in full-screen mode. With silent mode, all popup windows, updates, and other system-demanding activities are postponed to preserve system resources.
- Battery Mode -- Battery Mode allows you to stay online and unplugged longer by postponing all non-actionable popup windows, updates, and system-demanding activities.
- One-Click Solution -- Conveniently view your protection status and access frequently used tools from all screens. You can address any potential issues with the comprehensive, One-Click Solution feature.
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, XP, 7, Vista, Home Server
- Processor: 1 GHz, 32-bit(x86)/64-bit(x64)
- RAM: 1 GB recommended for x86, 2 GB recommended for x64
- 320 MB available hard drive space
- Display: Super VGA (1024x768)
Availability and Cost:
- Starting at $59.99
- Complimentary upgrade for existing customers
- Sold through Windows Store, extensive retail network, partners/resellers, and ESET direct
Being connected to the Internet can expose your PC and personal data from malicious attacks. Whether you choose ESET Smart Security 2014 or ESET NOD32 Antivirus, you will be protected from the latest malware threats.