The Bottom Line
- Portable, bootable PC rescue via CD or USB
- Full range of operating system support
- Available in 20 languages
- Includes diagnostic and repair utilities
- AVG Rescue CD is a Linux-based distribution that enables you to boot safely to an infected or damaged Windows PC for repairs.
- The bootable USB option provides a portable antivirus rescue solution that can be updated with fresh virus definition files.
- The included system utilities provide file management, editing and diagnostic tools for troubleshooting and repair.
- AVG Rescue CD is free, supports all common Windows versions, and is available in 20 different languages.
Guide Review - AVG Rescue CD: Antivirus Review
The free AVG Rescue CD combines a bootable rescue platform with antivirus and system utilities to help ferret out even the most stubborn infections. Utilities include a file manager (Midnight Commander), Windows Registry Editor, a text editor, and various drive recovery and network diagnostic tools.
AVG Rescue CD can be used to create either a bootable USB flash drive or bootable CD, and supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, as well as Windows Server 2003 and 2008. Both 32-bit and 64.-bit versions of these operating systems are supported.
AVG Rescue CD is available in 20 different languages. Self-support in the form of forums and FAQs are available to unlicensed users. For licensed users of other AVG products, free support and service is provided.