Before making a change to a key or key value, it's a good idea to make a copy of the original key. Then, if something goes wrong, it will be an easy fix to get back to where you started.
Time Required: 1
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type REGEDIT
- Click OK
- The Registry Editor will open
- Manuever to the desired key
- Right-click the desired key
- Choose Export from the right-click menu
- The Export Registry File dialog window will open. Choose the folder to which you wish to save the file and type in the desired filename.
- Click Save.
- Click File | Exit to close the Registry Editor.
- The registry key can be easily restored by browsing to the location of the saved .REG file and double-clicking it. Doing so will automatically restore it to the proper location in the System Registry.