A well-designed user interface makes installing NOD32 a breeze. Follow the simple steps below to install NOD32 and have your system protected in just a few short minutes.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Close any applications you have open, then locate and run the NOD32 install file, i.e. ndntenst.exe.
- At the first prompt, click Extract.
- At the welcome screen, click Next to begin a typical install.
- The software licensing screen (EULA) will appear. Read through the terms, click "I accept" and then click Next to continue with the installation.
- On the next screen, Setup Automatic Update, enter the username and password provided to you at time of purchase. (This was likely emailed to you, if purchasing online). Click Next.
- Enter the type of Internet connection you use (i.e. dial-up). If you use a cable modem or DSL, choose to use the same connection as does Internet Explorer. Click Next.
- You will be prompted to choose whether AMON (the on-access, realtime scanner) should be activated. If you are not using any other antivirus software, select "Yes". If you are using another antivirus scanner and it is configured for realtime protection, leave the box unchecked. After making your selection, click Next.
- You will receive a confirmation that setup parameters have been completed. If you want to make any changes, click the Back button. Otherwise, click Next.
- When setup has been completed, you will be prompted to reboot your PC. Choose Restart Now (if not already selected) and click Finish.