The Bottom Line
F-Prot Antivirus is top-notch protection, though perhaps more suitable for users already experienced with antivirus software.
- Detects 100% of ITW viruses; 96.34% of Zoo viruses
- Includes F-Prot for DOS for commandline scanning;
- User-defined integrity checking
- Excluding folders from scans cumbersome
- Provides right-click, on-demand, on-access, and scheduled scanning.
- Integrity Checker tracks changes made to files, folders and/or boot sectors.
- Small footprint and minimal system impact makes it ideal for even older PCs.
- Commandline scanner included to remove stubborn threats and boot sector infectors.
- Employs neural network technology for advanced heuristic detection.
Guide Review - F-Prot Antivirus for Windows
The F-Prot scan engine continues to be a defining leader, blending detection and disinfection ability with streamlined performance and low system overhead. F-Prot Antivirus for Windows easily runs under Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP. Advanced users will appreciate the inclusion of F-Prot for DOS - one of the very few programs capable of being run from floppy disks - and the integrity checker. F-Prot is well suited for any Windows system, old or new.